Duration 3 Nights 4 Days
Arrive Srinagar airport and meet our tour representative who will drive you to Pahalgam. On this lovely drive, one can see saffron fields on the way. Enroute visit Bumzova cave and Martand Temple. Upon arrival in Pahalgam, check in at pre-booked hotel. Rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight stay at Pahalgam.
Early morning begin your Amarnath Yatra by helicopter from Pahalgam to Panchtarni. Further 6 km trek from Panchtarni to Amarnath cave. After holy darshan of Shivalingam fly back to Pahalgam. You can stay overnight in Pahalgam or drive to Srinagar.
With us, visit Mughal gardens- Shalimar and Nishat, Pari Mahal, Chashm-e-shahi, Hari Parbat Fort & Temple and Shankracharya Temple. Also enjoy shikara ride on Dal Lake. Alternatively, visit Gulmarg and enjoy gondola ride. Overnight in house boat/ hotel in Srinagar.
Have breakfast and we will transfer you to the airport for your onward journey.
History of Amarnath
Bum Bum Bhole
"We worship Tryambka (Rudra), Who spread Fragrance and Increases Nourishment, May He release me, like the cucumber from its stem, From Mortal Life, But not from Immorality." (Rig Veda Mandal VII Sukta 59 and Mantra 12). Lord Shiva, one of the Gods of Holy Trinity, is well- known as Mahesh- the purifier and perpetuator of good and destroyer of evil. Lord Shiva is believed to be worshipped from the oldest times in ancient India by vedic myths and philosophies, later proven by astronomy. Today people worship Him all over the country and there are several pilgrimages performed by devotees in different regions and parts of India. The popular ones being- Kailash Mansarovar, Manimahesh and Amarnath among the others. Amarnath Yatra is one of the holiest Hindu pilgrimage places in India. The holy cave of Amarnath is believed to be the place where Lord Shiva revealed the secrets of immortality to His wife Devi Parvati, centuries ago. To make sure that the story had no listeners, it is said that Lord Shiva, on the way to holy cave abandoned all his possessions one by one starting with "Nandi" (the bull He used to ride). After leaving Nandi at Pahalgam (originally called Bail gaon, Bail meaning bull), the Lord released moon that he carried in his hairs (jataon) at Chandanwari. Further on the banks of Sheshnag Lake he released the snakes that rounded his neck. His son, Lord Ganesha was left at Mahagunas parvat. Last, He decided to abandon the Five Elements- earth, water, fire, air and sky at Panchtarni. It is Panchtarni up to which the helicopter services operate today. Since the discovery of the holy Amarnath cave, devotees have been reaching the cave through Pahalgam. It is only some time back that the route of Baltal was created as an alternative shorter route to Amarnath. It is said that a pair of pigeons who happened to listen to the story of immortality are still seen around the cave.
List of Included items for your package:
- Return helicopter tickets Pahalgam -Panchtarni-Pahalgam.
- Accommodation on double sharing basis.
- Daily breakfast.
- Transportation and sightseeing as per the above itinerary by exclusive vehicle.
- Parking, fuel, taxes.
List of Not Included items for your package:
- Extras at hotel.
- Pony charges, porter charges, guide charges etc. if availed during the yatra or sightseeing.
- Travel Insurance.
- Any additional cost incurred due to climatic uncertainties, policy change etc.
- Anything not specified under "Inclusions".
Carry adequate warm clothing Including Jacket, Sweater, Woollen Socks, Hunter shoes, and Thermal underwear's, Medicines Raincoat & Torch.
- Helicopter fares are subject to change. Any change in the package subject to natural calamity or any subject to policy change is to be paid by the travelling passenger at the time of travel.
- If due to bad weather helicopter service is cancelled, next day's accommodation has to be taken care by the guest directly.
- If the scheduled flight is cancelled due to bad weather or technical reasons, the booked passenger would get the priority next day.
- In case of refund, helicopter ticket has to be stamped & signed by the officials of concerned airline service at Baltal or Pahalgam for full refund.